<
Hi! This is a new design. Updated on 23th May! You have stepped onto my blog. You have stepped onto a fortress. You are stucked! Hate me? Just Leave!
To comment click Here RMB to state Your Name and The post you are commenting on.
Today is
Start to hear the earth sing :D
Task 1
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 @ 6:35 PM

Task 1
Based on your understanding of the selected poem, perform extensive web research and write a report detailing the conflict represented in the poem(s) of your choice. Bear in mind that this piece of background information will allow your blog audience to further understand the poem as well as your analysis of the poem in Task 2.

Be sure to include your references and credit your sources.

As this poet was not really very well known, neither was his works classified under war poems as he just wrote them recently, I was unable to find much data on him.

However, the situation of his status while writing the poem was clear

'I was in Vietnam in 1967 - 68 and again in 1969. I go back often because my soul lives in Vietnam and I go back to visit it from time to time.

  I was sitting in my hotel room in Saigon just before Christmas 2009 and I was trying to write a poem about the girls who work in the park and how badly men treat them. I was angry but unable to write anything that did not sound trite or weak. I looked at the TV and the news was on. I did not know what the news reader was saying but in the background was a photo of a small boy with a helmet and an automatic rifle. This poem flowed out. The words just came to me and I typed as fast as I could to get it all down.'


Sources:

http://www.warpoetry.co.uk/2010warpoetry.html